List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: enterprise.kde.org
From:       Martin Konold <martin.konold () erfrakon ! de>
Date:       2003-12-07 2:36:24

Hi Waldo,

Thanks for your valuable effort in improving KDE::Enterprise.

> > - KDE::Enterprise such scoping is not familiar to enterprise people
> > therefor ommit the ::.
>
> Even if it's not familiar people will surely understand that
> "KDE::Enterprise" is used as a brandname to refer to enterprise.kde.org. I
> think that's clearer with "KDE::Enterprise" than with "KDE Enterprise"
> because the former is in a form that is not common for normal
> speech/writing.

Ok, I see the reason to use something different compared to plain "KDE
Enterprise".

IMHO "KDE::Enterprise" is imho not so great though because business people
might think that it looks like a spelling / typo issue.

Maybe we can ask some artists about an KDE Enterprise logo, name and subline?

> > - How is http://enterprise.kde.org/bizcase/showbizcase.php?id=48 related
> > to KDE?
>
> No idea. The problem is that all entries <= 50 have been published without
> review. I have now added a review phase but I still need to formulate the
> review process.

Good, maybe using common sense would be good enough initially before we start
the time consuming process of establishing an ordinary review process.

> > - Separation of Business Cases (Biz Case is slang) from KDE Businesses is
> > fuzzy. E.g. http://enterprise.kde.org/bizcase/showbizcase.php?id=54
> > refers to Danka using 15 KDE machines but advertizes in the comments
> > section CUPS consulting. The later fits to the KDE Business Directory but
> > not to zhe business cases.
>
> Yes, it was filed in the wrong category. Do you have suggestions for better
> terminology to separate the two?

The following URL is about businesses offers for KDE employment:

http://enterprise.kde.org/bizdir/searchforcountry.php?country=Germany

Using [View BizCase] is also incorrect in this context.

Proposal: Use different wording.

http://enterprise.kde.org/bizcase/
"biz case" should be renamed to success stories
View [View this BizCase!] should be renamed to [View Details]

http://enterprise.kde.org/bizdir/
Search by Type should have the number of entries in brackets similar to search
by Country.

http://enterprise.kde.org/bizdir/searchfortype.php?type=XXXX
 [View BizCase] should be renamed to [View Details]

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold
e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold@erfrakon.de