List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: apps/ftp.kde.com
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-12-06 18:14:42

On Saturday 06 December 2003 19:08, Dirk Mueller wrote:

> maintaining such an app repository is a buttload of work and I don't see
> you or me putting much effort in it. freshmeat does that for years and has
> a lot of people around caring.

And I have some places to compare, like the excellent maintenance situation of
http://devel-home.kde.org (I still get regular complains from people who
think they just found the KDE way-back machine) or whatever weird stuff of
things we had before we just dropped it and put apps.kde.com in place,
because our own, open source  and all that stuff was so hopelessly broken,
outdated and unmaintained that everything else was just heaven.