On Friday 05 December 2003 13:15, Dirk Mueller wrote: > that was my thought as well, thats why I dropped them a mail. lets see. I chatted with scoop a bit, here are the facts: - he agrees that duplication is bad. - their site php code or database is not available - submissions will still have to go through the regular freshmeat contribution/review cycle. - The webpage is mostly based on templates and therefore can be customized to our look&feel. - either http://kde.freshmeat.net or http://apps.kde.org/ would be possible - as long as the customized webpage still contains a freshmeat branding and the regular ads, they would be happy to provide bandwidth, server and maintenance. - They're interested in helping with customizing the webpage layout to fit KDE's requirements. What do you think? IMHO this sounds quite good. The ads-requirement might be a bit bad - but kde.com also had ads as far as I remember. But it might be possible for GNOME's to launch a ad-banner on freshmeat of course. _______________________________________________ kde-www mailing list kde-www@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-www