List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: apps/ftp.kde.com
From:       Navindra Umanee <navindra () cs ! mcgill ! ca>
Date:       2003-12-05 11:55:52

Christoph Cullmann <cullmann@babylon2k.de> wrote:
> I would strongly prefer freshmeat.net, as long as we can make sure to have
> some newsfeed about the most recent apps ;)
>
> freshmeat is well known as "THE" open source app register, why coming up with
> something own.
>
> (and again I should learn to hit the reply to list button)

Just to throw out more ideas.  If work closely with the freshmeat
guys, maybe we could implement our own KDE-oriented interface to the
freshmeat db.

Such an interface could give users the option of uploading to
ftp.kde.org, for example, as well as providing any other extra
functionality that could be useful.  If nobody else, I'd be interested
in doing this -- although the soonest I could commit would be late
April 2004 . :-)

However, I'm not too impressed with freshmeat's KDE app organization
currently.  Looking at http://freshmeat.net/browse/57/?topic_id=57 I'm
completely lost in this mess.  In the end it might simply be easier to
do our own, although it wouldn't hurt to consult the freshmeat guys
first.

Cheers,
Navin.