List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: apps/ftp.kde.com
From:       Stephan Binner <binner () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-12-01 17:50:20

On Monday 01 December 2003 18:31, Navindra Umanee wrote:

> resources with yet another solution...  Although unfortunately, we
> can't say we won't have the same problems we have with apps.kde.com.
> Also, let's please wait for Andreas' input before making a decision.

Sure. But it's not only apps.kde.com's current shaky availability. It's also
Andreas doing everything himself, and if he's e.g. on a business trip then
there are no application approvals for days/weeks. I talked about this with
him already and he told me that the current system requires root(!) shell
access to approve a submission and he executes a very strict and time con-
suming policy/quality control for every application.

Bye,
   Steve