List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: www
From:       Stephan Binner <binner () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-12-01 17:04:27

On Monday 01 December 2003 17:52, Rainer Endres wrote:

> The sourcecode of kde.com is not Open Source IIRC. I have no idea if
> Andreas would be helping in setting up a apps.kde.org.

In my opinion the whole apps.kde.com system is not very usably and over-
engineered (e.g. collecting all dependencies).

> Please be aware this means thight connection to ftp.kde.org in some way.
> You have to collect all those packages somewhere.

Why do you have to? See freshmeat.net or GNOME software map. On the other side
some more life on ftp.kde.org wouldn't be bad. Today I noticed that there is
only one but incomplete mirror of ftp.kde.com and apparently (cache gg:mirror
ftp.kde.com) there is a daily bandwith quota of 4MB per IP address set up.
There wouldn't be a problem with >100 mirrors for ftp.kde.org... :-)

Bye,
   Steve