On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Waldo Bastian wrote: > > explicitely state the license in each and every document that is added to > > the webpage CVS. Instead, one could blindly assume that whoever is working > > on a document in the kde-www CVS module, is using license XXX. > > > > Otherwise, an explicit comment with copyright and comment has to be added > > to the documents. > > I would recommend to make it mandatory for each page to have a small comment > that explicitly states the copyright holder(s) and the license. Perhaps > something like > > > In addition to that I suggest to make a page that lists the licenses > acceptable for web-pages. Ideally that should only contain 1 license, but I'm > a bit pessimistic about the feasability of that. But won't it be the simplest to state at *one* places what kind of license (or licences) the whole content of www.kde.org falls under and make that a policy for authors ? Attributing this to e.g. every image sounds like a lot of work. After all Dirk's worry wasn't about the licence situation of the *user* (who downloads content) but the community of *authors* (i.e. KDE). If a free license is part of CVS policy it would have to be accepted by everybody checking in anything. Harri. _______________________________________________ kde-www mailing list kde-www@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-www