List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: maintainer of www.kde.org?
From:       Daniel Naber <daniel.naber () t-online ! de>
Date:       2002-10-21 13:09:33

On Monday 21 October 2002 06:06, Mat Colton wrote:

> The bar on the left size is the way most sites do it. But does that make
> it good? No.

Yes it does. I have said it before and I will say it again, because it is
important: usability follows the principle of least surprise - do things
the way people expect them. You can see it everywhere, e.g. traffic lights
all over the world: why is the red at the top and the green at the bottom?
Because people are used to it and they expect it, that's the reason.

Regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de