Hi all, after some work the last days there is now the first version of our pages with language handling. For testing there is a temporary web server at http://women.kde.org:8080 were you can see the results. In the cvs I made a branch called "BRANCH_WITHOUT_LANG". The new pages are in HEAD, the old pages you can get with cvs up -r BRANCH_WITHOUT_LANG I realized the language handling with the PHP4 session functions. Standard is the use of cookies, but it works also without cookies. The only bad thing is, that for each page, the server tries to send you a cookie again. There is a nice article about this method at http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/mattias20000105.php3 But cookies are not eval.... I read a lot about it while coding the stuff. The cookies contain a domain name, which restricts the access to this cookie to this domain. I set this to "women.kde.org". And there is a expiration date. For the usual session managemant this is set to "end of session". Thus the cookie gets deleted when you close your browser. There is another cookie, which you receive, when you change the language. This cookie persists for 30 days. For germans: there is an interesting article about cookies at http://www.koehntopp.de/php/faq-phplib.html#phplib-6 Please have a look at the site and tell me what you think about it. The language handling is now realizied for all content pages. So far I didn't take care of things like: - subtopics pages - page title (which are in the title bar of the browser) - single strings that are somwhere in the php-code. Maybe we can use gettext with po/mo files here? Has anyone used this before? - the buttons And at the end, there is some eyecandy for you. hhyy sent in some screenshots of her first translations, which you can see at http://women.kde.org/images/snapshot1.png http://women.kde.org/images/snapshot2.png Have a nice weekend :-) eva _______________________________________________ Kde-women mailing list Kde-women@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-women