List:       kde-women
Subject:    Re: [Kde-women]Spanish Proyect
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-17 19:08:36

On Friday, 17. August 2001 16:33, Eva Brucherseifer wrote:

Hi,

> So far the structure of the files doesn't make it possible to have several
> languages, but I already got some information about this. I guess we have
> to have a session management with cookies. Is that ok for everybody? Or
> should we have several directories for the languages instead?
> I never did this before and I would be very glad for any help to realize
> this in PHP and also for further suggestions.
I suggest having a look at the kdevelop website, it's done in PHP and is
internationalized also.

> About the location I also thought about moving the cvs repository of the
> pages to the main kde cvs. This means, that all kde developers (9x % men)
> have access and can theoratically change something. I don't expect any
> problems and also one can always find out about the person in charge, if
> someone is trolling... What do you think about it?
It would be no problem to do this as websites usually have ACL's (Access
Control List), so only people on the ACL can write to the module in CVS -
which would exclude everyone you don't want to have access to the pages.
That's the way the KDE website is done as well so changes there have to be
posted to people on the ACL as well. That's how we do it.

> Have a nice weekend,
You too,

Ralf