List:       kde-women
Subject:    [Kde-women]Re: searching some example of tutorials to build kio or
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-11 17:33:35

nicolas salvagno wrote:

Hi Nicolas,

I'm resending you the response I've written you already this week on the
topic of the kio and kparts questions you asked me, so please don't say
we didn't answer :-) We're taking care of all questions and there's not
one single reason why we wouldn't. In case you're really into trouble,
I'd suggest you subscribe to kde-devel and ask specific implementation
questions there; there's also the #kde channel on irc.kde.org where you
can get hold of a whole bunch of developers that you can feel free to
bug with any question.

Now, as far as the kio and kparts stuff goes, these are *NOT*
applications but *libraries*, which means there is no main.cpp. In case
you used a kdevelop version prior to 1.4 I'm sure there weren't any
templates for these. If you are in real trouble with the templates
please contact Ian Geiser whom I'm sending this mail as well as he's in
charge of these templates. In case you have a main.cpp in your
makefile.am this is to be considered wrong because no main.cpp gets
generated and this is a fault by the kappwizard though we did testing
and it worked here. Please come back to us and specify the kdevelop and
kde version you're using. On specifics about kio slaves and kparts, I'd
recommend reading yourself into the according chapters of the book "KDE
2 Development" from SAMS which is available as HTML and PS/PDF for
download at www.andamooka.org.

Kind regards and hope you don't feel neglected but satisfied with the
quality of this response to the problems that are bugging you,

Ralf Nolden
> =

> hi
> =

> my name is nicolas salvagno and i'm the president of a french lug (linu=
xpien
> : http://www.linupien.org)
> =

> I'd like to create some applications using kparts or kio with kdevelop
> =

> i have used the wizard but it seems that the main.cpp is missing.... (i=
s it a
> bug???)

No, these are libraries you intend to write. They get loaded when
needed; that's why they use a .protocol and a .desktop file for the
services they provide towards the KDE. When registered, these will be
automatically used by all programs that can make use of these.
> =

> so i'd like to have some programs developped with kdevelop to understan=
t how
> it works...
> =

> so may you tell me where can i found theses kind of programs ???
Yes. Take the KDE sources (preferrably via anonymous CVS, see the page
www.kde.org for details)=B7 There's masses of examples. KIO slaves are in=

kdelibs and kdebase; kparts, specifically konqueror plugins are to be
found in kdeaddons module, kdebase has some as well.

Regards,

Ralf
-- =

Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden@kde.org