List:       kde-women
Subject:    [Kde-women]How to contribute
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva () rt ! e-technik ! tu-darmstadt ! de>
Date:       2001-03-29 12:08:31

Hi all,

some women asked me how to contribute to KDE-Women, so this is an email about
the administrative part.

If you want to contribute to the webpages you need a password for the
kdewomen user account at the webserver, the same is for the CVS, which makes
it easy to develop in a team. You get the password from me, I keep a list
with all people having access.

There is a documentation about how to use the CVS, it is at
http://women.kde.org/projects/div/webdoc/
There are some zipped templates for html-files at
http://women.kde.org/templates/
They are easy to use - the main things like all the design, the colors of
titles and the text, are done in the included php-scripts and the css-file.
The directory structure is very similar to the structure of the topics, so
everything is easy to find.

So - what can be done? Generally everything you like!! Some women wanted to
come up with a list of their ideas, so maybe you want to can pick one of
them. But you can add anything else, too. And it doesn't only have to be
articles. There are some photos of the last meetings - a photogallery can be
made out of this. Someone might want to manage the Profiles and give women on
this list the chance to add one. Or a newsticker... I can organize a
php-scipt, that helps to manage news.

There are some additional jobs, too. Heike already agreed to take over the
IRC founder-status in two weeks. There is still someone needed who manages
this mailinglist.
In the last two weeks after the announcement there was a great interest in
the project - does anyone like to do the PR-Job for KDE-Women?
There can be a KDE-Women booth at the Linuxtag in Stuttgart (in july) who
wants to organize this?
I were asked, if we will have translations for the website... any interest
in that?

One of the reasons for this email is that my time will be very short the next
3-4 weeks. Everybody lavishes work on me at the moment...
Still I hope, it will be no problem to answer questions on the webmaking and
administrative things. And I'll be back... ;-)

Cheers,
eva

KDE-Women
women.kde.org