List:       kde-women
Subject:    Re: [Kde-women]Adding special keys
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva () rt ! e-technik ! tu-darmstadt ! de>
Date:       2001-03-21 13:10:23

> She means the keycode for the windows buttons on the keyboard, tackat
>
> :-) I don't know that either, just that it has to be put into some magic
>
> .xresources file or something. Maybe pro-linux.de has some answers ?

well, the .xresouces is configuring the keyboard for the X-Server so this is
set before KDE starts at all. There a button and e.g. a special letter are
assigned. I tried this once to have SUN's meta key (the route next to the
Alt-button on SUN keyboards) when using linux. But it didn't work out very
well...

What I was talking about with Torsten is on the application level. There you
can assign e.g. a letter to a command that is executed. So I guess internally
it is a KAction. Anyway - it totally can be accomplished by using the GUI :-))

With this you can open the kdevelop by pressing F12 or starting a screen
saver when pressing "Break".

eva