List:       kde-women
Subject:    [Kde-women]Announcement
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva () rt ! e-technik ! tu-darmstadt ! de>
Date:       2001-02-26 6:35:31

Hi all,

there seem to be different opinion about the announcement of women.kde.org.
This is about a posting to the news of dot.kde.org that can be seen on
www.kde.org.
Since I don't want everybody to be angry at me, I'd like to get your opinions
about this.

So here are the possibilities I see:

1:
The site is ok as it is - Announce as soon as possible (that would be
tuesday).

2:
Let's wait until next weekend and try to add more content until then.

3:
Let's wait until next weekend with having a feature freeze and only change
bugs.

4:
Let's wait some more weeks, until Annma has overworked the design of the
pages. At the same time more content can be added.

Unfortunately other people became faster aware of us than it probably is good
for us. Here are some more facts about the publicity of the site so far:
- There was an article in the german magazin "Linux User", giving the URL
- there is an announcement of Annmas tutorial on www.kdevelop.org
- there is a link at www.kde.org
- we are mentioned in an interview of KDE Leage with IBM:
   http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-kde.html?dwzone=linux
- ???
Strange since me and annma didn't ask the people to people to mention us,
except Heike, who wrote the article for the Linux User.

The web statistics can be found at
http://www.rt.e-technik.tu-darmstadt.de/usage
it is for 2 websites together

So far,