List:       kde-women
Subject:    [Kde-women]writing english, meeting, web pages, ...
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva () rt ! e-technik ! tu-darmstadt ! de>
Date:       2001-01-04 20:37:32

Hi all,

I hope you had a good start into the new year :-) I had (thank you Agnes and
Lars!)

There was the question why we are writing in english on this list and why not
german. Well, the answer is, that we are an international list. There are
women from England, Sweden, Canada,... so probably we don't have the choice.
But I am glad that you understand my English, since I got pretty bad marks in
school...

Furthermore I have to report you about our meeting in Darmstadt. Besides
other topics and a lot of hacking (guys...), we were also some women talking
about our project. The main topic were webpages and the projects.

If you want, you can get a first glance at the webpages at
http://women.kde.org
But they still have be filled with content...

The proposals for kde-women projects were:

- edutainment software
- reviews of KDE software
- themes (how to make them, a special kde-women-theme)
- icons
- coding

- documentation, tutorials
- hosting of the KDE docs?
- tips & tricks

-reports about events, photo galleries, ...

What do you think about this?

Greetings,
eva