List:       kde-women
Subject:    [Kde-women]third mail ;-)
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva () rt ! e-technik ! tu-darmstadt ! de>
Date:       2000-11-25 12:05:42

Hello everyone,

> > -shall men be allowed to participate in the womenŽs project ? If the
> > women for KDE project wants to claim to be run by women for women, this
> > would exclude men at all. What should be our attitude towards this ?
>
> Yes, why not? Most of my friends who helped me with Linux the first months
> were men. I don't think that this might be a problem for the project.

That is my opinion as well. I think it is no problem as long as there is a
majority of women on the list. (Otherwise the list should get a different
name)

Like Heike IŽd like to introduce myself as well.
IŽm 27 (4 days younger than Ralf ;-) ). After studying electrical engineering
at the Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany I am a PhD student at the
same university since 2 years. I started with Linux 1998 and started to learn
QT/KDE coding this summer, so I am still a newbie.

Since I am not very creative, at least not in painting, IŽd like to leave
these things to other people. Personally I am interested in the construction
of frontends and the question how to design tools for difficult tasks so that
a user can work with it without reading a 500 pages handbook.
One thing IŽd like to learn more about is design patterns for interactive
tasks, styleguides, ...

Another interesting thing is teaching. Between Christmas and New Years Day
there will be a meeting where we want to setup a course on
QT-/KDE-programming in order to give a starting point to interested people.

Is someone interested in similar things?
What about having workgroups?

Greetings,
eva