List:       kde-windows
Subject:    Re: Where to find build logs of cached packages
From:       Ingo =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2024-05-16 10:34:12

On Donnerstag, 16. Mai 2024 10:48:11 CEST Ben Cooksley wrote:
> On Thu, May 16, 2024 at 6:12 PM Thomas Friedrichsmeier <
> thomas.friedrichsmeier@kdemail.net> wrote:
> > Where would I find the actual build log for a package in the binary
> > cache?
> >
> > (Looking specifically for libs/qt6/qtwebengine to further understand bug
> > #486905)
>
> I'd suggest looking through the artifacts and build logs of the various
> Craft jobs at invent.kde.org/sysadmin/ci-management/ to see those.

For Windows Qt 6 look at the artifacts of the cc_windows-msvc2022-cl-
x86_64_qt6[_dev] jobs:
https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/ci-management/-/artifacts

Looking at the cached version of libs/qt6/qtwebengine at
https://files.kde.org/craft/Qt6/24.04/windows/cl/msvc2022/x86_64/
RelWithDebInfo/libs/qt6/qtwebengine/
we see that it was built on 2024-04-11 02:35, i.e. you have to find the job
that ran around this time. Note that the file date/time is in UTC while GitLab
shows times in local time. To get GitLab to show the time instead of something
like "1 week ago" you have to hover with the mouse over "1 week ago".

Unfortunately, we keep the Craft logs only for 3 days which means the logs of
the last build of libs/qt6/qtwebengine are long gone. I think we should keep
the Craft logs much longer. Alternatively, we could upload them to the cache.

Regards,
Ingo