List:       kde-windows
Subject:    Re: Is it possible to use craft on Windows 8.1 (or 7)?
From:       Thomas Friedrichsmeier <thomas.friedrichsmeier () ruhr-uni-bochum ! de>
Date:       2019-12-31 15:38:58

On Tue, 31 Dec 2019 13:29:19 +0000
Hannah von Reth <hannah@von-reth.de> wrote:
> > Well, dependenciesgui (and dependencies.exe) are not working for me
> > either, right now. Will try to figure out that one, later, AFK for a
> > while, now.
>
> Oh yes they are shims to dev-util/dependencies/...
>
> Pls try invoking then directly.
> In the next days I try a win8.

I had already figured that much, however dependenciesgui.exe still
failed, silently, and dependencies.exe claimed not to find ClrPhl.dll
(or what it was called), even though that was in the same directory.

Anyway: Success of sorts. Seeing that the kshimgen blueprint does not
actually build from source, I just tried forcing it to download that
win32-version, instead. And TA-DA! that works. (I.e. produces working
shims; note that the system *is* 64bit).

So now I just had to trick it into bootstrapping with that, and now I'm
happily building packages (at least for the moment).

Long story short: Whatever the cause of the problem, it does not affect
the 32-bit build of kshimgen.

Regards
Thomas