List:       kde-windows
Subject:    Re: Aw: Re: Download of old versions?
From:       Doug <dmcgarrett () optonline ! net>
Date:       2014-08-24 14:24:50

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On 08/24/2014 07:24 AM, Timo Steuerwald wrote:
> Hi all,
> sorry to annoy you again. ;-)
> I now tried to follow the “detailed installation instructions” to
> install a previous version.
> However, if I do so there is only "stable 4.10.2" as available release
> listed, not the large variety which is shown in the screenshot.
> Yes, I used the latest installer (1.0.0) and as download server I
> tried http://download.kde.org (the only one which is listed at all).
> Furthermore I tried http://public.planetmirror.com which is selected
> in another screenshot in the “detailed installation instructions”.
> Best wishes
> Timo
> *Gesendet:* Freitag, 22. August 2014 um 10:09 Uhr
> *Von:* "Timo Steuerwald" <timo.steuerwald@gmx.de>
> *An:* "KDE on Windows" <kde-windows@kde.org>
> *Betreff:* Aw: Re: Download of old versions?
> Ups. I can't recall this option in the installer. So sorry for the
> noise and thank you Bastiaan for pointing this out.
> Best wishes
> Timo
> Ahum. Are you too lazy to try? ;-)
> Download the latest _installer_ and use it to install a previous
> version. That is what I read within few minutes by following your link
> and clicking on “detailed installation instructions”.
I too would like to find a way to install an older version. Last nite I
accidentally erased the Solitaire game, and then when I went to install
the latest
version of KDE-Win, I found that most of the things I used it for are
gone! Solitaire, for one. Find Files, for another.  XSane. I don't know
what all.
I'm not even sure if Dolphin is still there--the name was corrupted by
the addition of something hyphenated, i think it was. Without these things,
I might as well not have it.  And of course, you never made KSnapshot
work in the Windows edition. That would be a BIG improvement over
the Snipping Tool. Without KS, you are forced to find some kind of app
that will let you post a picture in it, so you can print the "snipped"
image.
(I usually use WordPerfect, since you don't provide Gwenview. So I'll
keep the KDE on the two Win installs where it still works (older versions)
and I'll forget about trying to use it on the third system where it
screwed up. Unless, of course, the older versions are made available.

--doug