+1 I like the idea. It would solve several problems. From this kind of base anyone can do work on his own ideas and packages. I think the number of fixed packages would increase a lot, because every package build on a base like this fulfill the needs of the packager in the first time and the hole project too. Severall people with several interests will build several more packages ;) Am Samstag 06 November 2010, 01:57:54 schrieb Andrius da Costa Ribas: > A "default" flow and an "Advanced..." button on the installer can > solve the problems some people here are pointing (altough I don't see > it as a problem at all). > > I have something else in mind... but I'm not sure if it is a good idea > or an unreachable reverie, here it is: > > - having an installer for the core components (kdelibs etc..) > - having a port of kpackagekit with a packagekit backend based in our > text-based installer (or even emerge) - kpackagekit would be also got > from the "core" installer. > - "channels" could then be configurable, in a similar way of apt's > sources.list, then when a release has not all of its packages it would > lie on "incomplete" channel, so it would be easier to package in a > collaborative way, as opposite to currently having to package > everything at once for one release. A regular channel would be > provided for end-users. This would also facilitate adding third-party > apps and libs. > > I hadn't looked at packagekit's source yet so I have no idea if it is > easy or impossible to port (I've only seen we'd need a dummy polkit) > but maybe this can make other ideas appear :) - maybe it's time to > brainstorm > > (typing from mobile is horrible :( ) _______________________________________________ Kde-windows mailing list Kde-windows@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-windows