List:       kde-windows
Subject:    Re: Distributing (third party) KDE apps as a bundle
From:       "Thomas Friedrichsmeier" <thomas.friedrichsmeier () ruhr-uni-bochum ! de>
Date:       2010-06-09 20:21:47

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

On Saturday 05 June 2010, Laurent Espitallier wrote:
> I think I would have done things like that to begin with. Unfortunately
> checking for dll version / dependencies is really more difficult. I only
> know that "QtCore4.dll" file has the version information stored but no
> KDE-baseworkspace dll.

I must admit, I haven't tested your script so far, and since this is not
currently too high on my priorities, I probably won't anytime soon. But if
this had existed a year ago, it could probably have helped me a lot, so I
think this is really nice to have.

I have added a new page on packaging / distributing in the wiki:
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_on_Windows/Packaging . Perhaps you can
link/place the script there, with a bit of hands-on-information on how to turn
it into a complete installer.

Perhaps you can base version detection on the files in the manifest-directory?

Regards
Thomas