List:       kde-windows
Subject:    KCalc v2.4 (using KDE v4.2.3) on Windows Vista crashes due to Access
From:       Brolin Empey <brolin () brolin ! be>
Date:       2009-07-01 7:06:28

Hello,

I used the KDE Windows installer in end-user mode to install the MSVC
build of KCalc v2.4 (using KDE v4.2.3) on Windows Vista Ultimate
Edition SP1 i386.  KCalc runs, but is unusable because it keeps
crashing with Access Violation exceptions.  On the first section of
the “Settings” menu, I can enable everything except for Logic Buttons,
which causes an Access Violation when I try to enable it.  I thought I
could still use KCalc as long as I do not try to enable Logic Buttons,
but I cannot even add 2 integers:  KCalc crashes with an Access
Violation exception when I either press the ‘+’ key on my keyboard or
click the ‘+’ button on the KCalc window!

How can I make KCalc stable?  I like KCalc because, unlike the Windows
Calculator, it supports editing the bits of a number.

Thanks,
Brolin

--
Sometimes I forget how to do small talk: <http://xkcd.com/222/>

“What if there were no hypothetical questions?” — George Carlin