List:       kde-windows
Subject:    Unexpected default install location
From:       "Chris January" <chris () atomice ! net>
Date:       2008-08-15 15:37:38

Hello,

I downloaded kdewin-installer-gui-latest.exe dated 09-Aug-2008 from
http://winkde.org/pub/kde/ports/win32/installer/ (version 0.9.2).

After clicking Next > on the first screen the installer prompted me
for an Installation Directory. The default directory was:
C:\PROGRA~1\Stardock\OBJECT~1\DESKSC~1

This struck me as rather strange - KDE is not a Stardock project!

I uninstalled Stardock Deskscapes, rebooted and ran the installer
again. This time the default directory was:
C:\Windows\system32

This is the default working directory for elevated processes. My guess
it that the installer is using the working directory as the default
install location, rather than C:\Program Files\KDE that the code
suggests its meant to be.

Regards,
Chris January