List:       kde-windows
Subject:    Re: KDevelop woes.
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2008-05-06 16:18:05

On 05.05.08 12:07:51, Michael Firsikov wrote:
> I was wondering what happened to Kdevelop on win, since I saw some
> announcements back in 2007 (searched the mailing list) and it used to be
> included as a release, even through the win installer, but it has
> disappeared since, and the project page says "unset" for port of kdevelop.
>
> I have tried compiling both kdevplatform and kdevelop and have pretty much
> ended up with something barely working and half cooked. Mainly my question,
> is there a semi stable package somewhere out there? I have seen some
> screenshots available on the net with kdevelop4 running under kdelibs in
> win32 with all the nifty plugins and kate, but alas, no instructions on how
> to compile it properly. (Used mingw to compile, not VC)

KDevelop4 is only half-baked on Linux, so don't expect anything better
on win32. We did a lot of work during our hackathon, but somehow managed
to get in even more problems :)

Last but not least, I'm the only person that worked on a win port of
KDevelop4 and I don't have access to win32 atm, not to speak of having
any spare time for working on it.

Andreas

--
There is a 20% chance of tomorrow.