List:       kde-windows
Subject:    Quanta Open File type problem
From:       Ralf Habacker <ralf.habacker () freenet ! de>
Date:       2008-03-07 18:39:12

Hi,

while playing with quanta in windows I found out that the project open
dialog only contains "KDevelop 4 Project Files" type and not the
required quanta file type.

The problem is caused by kdevplatform/shell/projectcontroller.cpp (see
below) where the getOpenURL() call uses a hardcoded file types.

bool ProjectController::openProject( const KUrl &projectFile )
{
    KUrl url = projectFile;

    if ( url.isEmpty() )
    {
        KSharedConfig * config = KGlobal::config().data();
        KConfigGroup group = config->group( "General Options" );
        QString dir = group.readEntry( "DefaultProjectsDirectory",
                                             QDir::homePath() );

        url = KFileDialog::getOpenUrl( dir, i18n( "*.kdev4|KDevelop 4
Project Files\n" ),

I think there should be additional methods in the Projectcontroller
class to set/retrieve the used filetypes.

Ralf