List:       kde-windows
Subject:    Re: KMaiL: Can't setup D-Bus service. Probably already running.
From:       Ralf Habacker <ralf.habacker () freenet ! de>
Date:       2008-02-21 19:15:35

Holger Schröder schrieb:
> Hi Ralf, list,
>
> i remember that according to some mail to this list, amarok has some special
> code in the destructor to work around the problem that jaroslav mentioned, i
> just cant find that mail right now...

you probably are refering to

I've got a local fix in Amarok's App destructor:

#ifdef Q_WS_WIN
     // work around for KUniqueApplication being not completely
implemented on windows
     QDBusConnectionInterface* dbusService;
     if (QDBusConnection::sessionBus().isConnected() && (dbusService =
QDBusConnection::sessionBus().interface()))
         dbusService->unregisterService("org.kde.amarok");
#endif

which does not mean that this fix is already in svn.

I tried to checkout amarok and to rebuild it, but it does not compile
out of the box, similar to kmail.
And kmail isn't in the unstable release :-(

Would be kuniqueapptest a reliable test case ?  It works like expected,
so the problem must be in other places and need probably some more
debugging from the apps developer.

Ralf