List:       kde-windows
Subject:    Re: KMaiL: Can't setup D-Bus service. Probably already running.
From:       Shane King <kde () dontletsstart ! com>
Date:       2008-02-13 23:43:53

Jarosław Staniek wrote:
> Hello
> I am getting
>
> <unknown program name>(3852)/: KUniqueApplication: Can't setup D-Bus service.
> Probably already running.
>
> in KUniqueApplication::start() when starting KMail on Windows another time.
>
> QDBusConnectionInterface::registerService("org.kde.kmail") returns
> DBUS_REQUEST_NAME_REPLY_EXISTS.
>
> I have no other kmail process started so I am wondering how to avoid such
> cases in general for KUniqueApps.

I've got a local fix in Amarok's App destructor:

#ifdef Q_WS_WIN
     // work around for KUniqueApplication being not completely
implemented on windows
     QDBusConnectionInterface* dbusService;
     if (QDBusConnection::sessionBus().isConnected() && (dbusService =
QDBusConnection::sessionBus().interface()))
         dbusService->unregisterService("org.kde.amarok");
#endif

We really need a fix in kdelibs, but this is more a work-around than a
real fix I think so I'm not sure if it's the best way of going about it.

Shane.