List:       kde-windows
Subject:    Re: everything compiles but nothing runs
From:       Ralf Habacker <ralf.habacker () freenet ! de>
Date:       2006-12-06 11:33:46

Rikardo Tinauer schrieb:

> Ralf Habacker wrote:
>
>> Rikardo Tinauer schrieb:

please run the following commands and paste the related output to this
list.

dbus-launch.bat
start klauncher
start kded

qdbus

qdbus (commandline) or dbus-viewer (gui) from Qt's bin dir.

qdbus should show something like this. The line  org.kde.klauncher is
the important one, showing that klauncher is running

base service: :1.18
:1.17
 org.kde.klauncher
 org.kde.klauncher-1572
:1.18
org.freedesktop.DBus

Then run   "qdbus org.kde.klauncher ", which should print

base service: :1.19
/
/KDebug
/KLauncher
/MainApplication

Then run "qdbus org.kde.klauncher /" , which should print

base service: :1.20
method void org.kde.KLauncher.autoStart()
method void org.kde.KLauncher.autoStart(int phase)
signal void org.kde.KLauncher.autoStart0Done()
signal void org.kde.KLauncher.autoStart1Done()
signal void org.kde.KLauncher.autoStart2Done()
method void org.kde.KLauncher.exec_blind(QString name, QStringList arg_list)
method void org.kde.KLauncher.exec_blind(QString name, QStringList
arg_list, QStringList envs, QString startup_id)
method int org.kde.KLauncher.kdeinit_exec(QString app, QStringList args,
QStringList env, QString startup_id, QString& dbusServiceName, QStr
ing& error, int& pid)
method int org.kde.KLauncher.kdeinit_exec_wait(QString app, QStringList
args, QStringList env, QString startup_id, QString& dbusServiceName,
 QString& error, int& pid)
method void org.kde.KLauncher.reparseConfiguration()
method int org.kde.KLauncher.requestHoldSlave(QString url, QString
app_socket)
method int org.kde.KLauncher.requestSlave(QString protocol, QString
host, QString app_socket, QString& error)
method void org.kde.KLauncher.setLaunchEnv(QString name, QString value)
method int org.kde.KLauncher.start_service_by_desktop_name(QString
serviceName, QStringList urls, QStringList envs, QString startup_id, bool
 blind, QString& dbusServiceName, QString& error, int& pid)
method int org.kde.KLauncher.start_service_by_desktop_path(QString
serviceName, QStringList urls, QStringList envs, QString startup_id, bool
 blind, QString& dbusServiceName, QString& error, int& pid)
method int org.kde.KLauncher.start_service_by_name(QString serviceName,
QStringList urls, QStringList envs, QString startup_id, bool blind,
QString& dbusServiceName, QString& error, int& pid)
method void org.kde.KLauncher.waitForSlave(int pid)
method QDBusVariant org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Get(QString
interface_name, QString property_name)
method void org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Set(QString interface_name,
QString property_name, QDBusVariant value)
method QString org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable.Introspect()

If you can see the above message, klauncher is running well

Ralf