List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: GeForce2 Pro
From:       "Akar th' 'orrible" <akar () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2001-09-04 1:22:36

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001 10:23, Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D. wrote:
> 've upgraded my video card from nVIDIA with 32 MB RAM to a GeForce2
> with 64MB RAM and am having a bit of trouble getting the thing to run
> with a high enough resolution.  I rather suspect that I have some old
> files causing conflicts.
>
> I'm getting ready to compile XFree86 4.1 from source to see how that
> effects things.
>
> Staggering onwards.  .      .        .

Damn! I must need a holiday, the other case I was thinking of was YOU
with the nVidia driver.
Remember you should have video caching turned off in your computer bios
etc.
Also startx as follows so we can see where the problem is;
startx -- -verbose 5 -logverbose 5
This will cause both X and your cards video driver to spit out a lot
more information. I checked and your new card should do 3D opengl at
1900x1400x32 or thereabouts, so as long as your monitor can handle it,
the card should.

Andrew