On Monday 27 August 2001 12:43 pm, Akar th' 'orrible wrote: > On Mon, 27 Aug 2001 05:15, Joel Hammer wrote: > > Well, I don't really know how to use kde. I am not using kde2. > > I strongly suspect that that there are text > > configuration files somewhere which can be edited with vi to make things > > just as I like. But, I can't find them! > > Joel > > Things have changed so much since kde1 that I cant remember how they were. > But it did have some sort of file association mimetypes and I remember that > it DID quite clearly tell you how to do it in your kfm help file, so have a > look in there. You dont need to edit text files it was all done either in > kfm under goto applications or goto mimetypes then you probably had to > right-click say the viewer program under apps and choose properties. The > same for the mimetypes. If you want this system-wide you would need to > change to the SU File Manager. > Or consider upgrading... > > Andrew If you go to the site in my sig and select KDE1->MIME TYPES you may be able to find the information you are looking for. HTH Pam -- UK Linux Step by Step mirror: http://www.pam.roberts.btinternet.co.uk/sxs/ -- Send posts to: kde-user@lists.netcentral.net Send all commands to: kde-user-request@lists.netcentral.net Put your command in the SUBJECT of the message: "subscribe", "unsubscribe", "set digest on", or "set digest off" All kde mailing lists are archived at http://lists.kde.org ********************************************************************** This list is from your pals at NetCentral