List:       kde-user
Subject:    korganizer
From:       Mark Parrish <mpmail () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2001-07-30 18:28:08

Hello all!

I have been using korganizer for some time now.  I recently upgraded to LM
8.0  (2.4.3) and futher upgraded to KDE 2.2 Beta1.  (By the way, I am totally
excited with KDE 2.2 and I am looking forward to finally and totally dumping
M$ 98).

Now, with korganizer, whenever I try to add an appointment or change an
existing appointment it crashes.  It DOES NOT CRASH if I check "no time
associated" on the Edit Event screen.

I even tried renaming the data file so it would open a blank file and it
still crashes.

	[mark@msp mark]$ /usr/bin/korganizer
	[mark@msp mark]$ KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
	KCrash: Application Name = korganizer path = <unknown> pid = 5255

Here is the Backtrace:

	[New Thread 1024 (LWP 5254)]
	0x4100e1d9 in wait4 () from /lib/libc.so.6
	#0  0x4100e1d9 in wait4 () from /lib/libc.so.6
	#1  0x4107df2c in __check_rhosts_file () from /lib/libc.so.6
	#2  0x407945ae in KCrash::defaultCrashHandler (signal=0) at kcrash.cpp:197
	#3  0x40f27467 in _IO_2_1_stderr_ () from /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3

I don't know what this means (I hope someone does).

I had to switch to gnomecal.  It worked out nice because, apparently it uses
the same data file at korganizer!  However, I like korganizer better, and I
want it back.

I upgraded another box locally here, in the same way, and korganizer works
just fine.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Mark