List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Path problems
From:       "Akar 'th 'orrible" <akar () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2001-07-30 15:58:39

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001 19:27, G.Grundill wrote:
> Hi ,
> I'm running KDE 2.2.0-0.1beta1 under debian 2.2 and i'm having  a problem
> with several programs not starting from the menu <Konqueror and all games>.

If KDE starts and you have a standard installation then your PATH is OK. All
kde apps are stored in $KDEDIR/bin so what is more likely is that the
.desktop files are incorrect.

Actually this sort of behaviour is usually indicative after an upgrade of
running bits and pieces from both installs, especially if you built kde2.2 in
a different directory than your old one was.

Try deleting/renaming your user/.kde folder from console and let KDE
regenerate it when it starts.

Andrew