List:       kde-user
Subject:    RE: KDE Control Panel too big for monitor
From:       "Eric Kadison" <eric () kadison ! com>
Date:       2001-07-23 5:32:07

Andrew,

> I thought the whole problem was that you could NOT change the size?
> The rc file should look fine after you managed to change the
> size, that is
> its purpose, it keeps the last used size.
>
> So when you said yours was too big, my suggestion was to change
> those values
> so that when you start kde and the control-centre it would think that the
> modified smaller size was the correct size.

That's all true.  But, as discussed in my exchanges with Pam in this thread,
messing around with general font size caused the KDE Control Panel window to
size down appropriately.  I checked it using your suggestion of the
kcontrolrc file.

> There is a konqueror rc file but it does not contain settings for
> the config
> module size.

The K Control Module window (called from Settings/Configuration in
Konqueror) is also too big and won't resize using the mouse.  The
Apply/OK/cancel buttons for that window are below the bottom of the screen,
making the window useless.  So, when you made the suggestion, I hoped for an
rc file that saved window size for that window.

I use 800x600 resolution (in all regards) on an ATI Expert 98 (a Mach 64
with 8k RAM).  RH 7.1, KDE 2.1.1.

Eric