List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: KDE Control Panel too big for monitor
From:       Pam R <pam.roberts () btinternet ! com>
Date:       2001-07-21 22:44:39

On Saturday 21 July 2001 23:21, Eric Kadison wrote:
> > Why don't you just resize it ?
>
> It won't let me resize the window.  Grabbing the corner gives me the resize
> mouse icon, but when I shrink it, nothing happens.
>
> Is KDE supposed to size the window to the display?  Is this an X issue?

This is KDE's Control Center, right ? I'm running KDE 2.1.1 on a Caldera
system, ok so it is 1280x1024, but let me try shrinking the panel...

Ahh... I see what is happening. I've just started the Control Center and am
looking at the 'Welcome' page and can shrink it to 610x450 but no further.
But, if I choose Look and Feel->Desktop then it has grown to 660x560 and I
can't reduce it !  I guess the minimum size is determined by how much has to
be displayed (I note it doesn't use scroll bars). Maybe also by font sizes,
let's try that...   Now, that's wierd - I just set the General font size to
16pt (was 12) and now looking again at 'Look and Feel->Desktop I have large
fonts but can shrink it right down to 600x240 !  And putting the font size
back to 12pt it grows again !!

Very strange indeed - it's a KDE thing I would say, not X.  But I could be
wrong.

BTW, have you tried using the Alt key to drag it ?

Pam

UK Linux Step by Step mirror: http://www.pam.roberts.btinternet.co.uk/sxs/