List:       kde-user
Subject:    Quanta
From:       Neal Lippman <nlippman () altavista ! net>
Date:       2001-07-04 2:25:31

Has anyone been successful in getting Quanta (HTML editor) working?

My config is: MDK 7.2 installed from the ISO images on the web site, upgraded
to kernel 2.4.4. I have also upgraded to KDE 2.1.1 using rpms d/l'd a few
months ago from the various Mandrake-related mirror sites.

When I run Quanta, the help-about menu tells me I have quanta version 1.7 (a
version, btw, I cannot find on sourceforge). According to source forge, the
latest versiion is 2.0-prerelease 2. However, the installed rpm on my system
seems to be quanta-2.0-1mdk (obtained via: rpm -qa | grep "quanta")

In any case, when I run quanta, it starts up just fine, However, as soon as I
try to insert any element into the open unnamed file, it crashes with
SIGSEGV; this of course makes it useless.

I have been using bluefish and have looked at screem, but both are obviously
targetted at Gnome. Although they work (fortunately, so I can get some work
done at home), I have gotten rather used to the "feel" of KDE, and don't find
myself comfortable with the Gnome style menus and dialogs. Also, Quanta seems
to support (as best as I can tell by surfing the menus but not actually
creating any content due to the crashes) linking to my web site for
uploading, etc - much more convenient that having to gFtp after every save.

Any help / tips appreciated.

Thanks.

Neal