List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Upgrade from KDE2.0.1 to 2.1.2
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2001-06-30 16:39:15

Carlo Maria Laorenza wrote:

>     Hy all!
>
> Is there  anyone who can tell me the exact list of file to download to
> safely upgrade from KDE 2.0.1 to 2.1.2 on a SuSE 7.1 platform?

No.  The reason is that in general, you need a new package to replace
each current package.  This is not the case with 2.1.2 since it is only
KdeLibs

http://ftp.sourceforge.net/pub/mirrors/kde/stable/2.1.2/distribution/SuSE/i386/7.1/

Lists two packages:

	kdelibs-2.1.2-0.rpm
	kldelibs-devel-2.1.2-0.rpm

You need "kdelibs".

If you have "kdelibs-devel" installed, then you need that, if not, you
don't.

> Is there a "package" in rpm format with all the necessary files?

No.  This is broken down into several packages as listed above.

This really isn't that complicated.  Perhaps you could have figured it
out.
JRT