List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Window placement in .Xdefaults ignored
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2001-06-30 16:46:15

Paul Abrahams wrote:

> I'm running KDE 2.1.1.  In my .Xdefaults file I specify the
> geometry, including the placement, for xclock.   The size,
> color, and font specifications are heeded but the placement
> is not.   It was once suggested that the cure for the
> problem is to specify random placement in Control Center /
> Window Behavior / Advanced, but that doesn't work.
>
> Any other suggestions?

I have the following in my "~/.Xdefaults" file:

xclock*geometry: 200x200-10+10
xclock*chime: true
xclock*background: SteelBlue

It is currently working.  However, there were times when it did not work
and then started again without any apparent action on my part.

Unfortunately, I do not know why.

JRT