List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: save as dialog behavior
From:       dfox () m206-157 ! dsl ! tsoft ! com (David E !  Fox)
Date:       2001-06-29 17:39:23

> It would close to what I want, except if I right click on a directory from
> a "save as" dialog box, I don't get a "New Window" option.  All I get are
> New Directory and Home directory.

That's because you're in the save as dialog box, and not in konqueror per
se. Strange, even though it says "Save As - Konqueror" that it's not really
konqueror, but only a subset (?) of it.

There might be a different way to do something similar - what do the other
users think?

I'm playing right now and noticed that if I can split the konqueror window
top/bottom, I can have my home directory in the top part of the browser, and
my web page or what have you in the bottom half. If I right click on a page's
graphic or whatever, I get the kde save as dialog box, which of course has
the restrictions you noticed. But if I avoid that and instead use the top
window (i.e., home directory) and control windowing there, then I can just
drag the graphic from the web page into the top window, or into another
konqueror window, and drop it there. I get a "filename for clipboard content"
which I can just give the filename to, just like a Save As.

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.