List:       kde-user
Subject:    Display problem
From:       "David W. Lloyd" <dwl_law () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-06-21 15:44:09

I have installed Linux Mandrake 7.2 on a system with a
dual boot option along with Windows 98.  On the X
Windows screen the left side of the screen is normal
for about 1/3 of the screen.  After that, there is
about a 1 inch vertical strip of video which repeats
itself about 8 times across the remainder of the right
portion of the screen.  I have tried to configure the
screen to a lower resolution setting.  When I do this,
it produces a temporary test screen (which says "Is
this setting OK?  YES or NO") which appears to be
great.  Then, after that screen is displayed for a few
seconds, it returns to the X Windows screen, which is
still messed up as previously described.

Any ideas as to how to fix this?