List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Re: Where to submit feature requests?
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2001-06-07 18:32:24

On Thursday 07 June 2001 13:53, Mike Pilone wrote:
|   Hello,
|
|   Would it be useful (or acceptable) if we had a bug tracking / editing
|   application. I'm thinking something that can connect to the web and grab
| a bug database (XML file or even a real SQL DB). Then allow the user to
| read through the bugs and (hopefully) close them with the application.
|
|   This would allow slower connected users to just grab a whole XML bug
|   database for a package and work on it locally, without being connected to
|   the net. I think this would really benefit the 'pay per byte' people.
|
|   I'm willing to spearhead the project, if it seems useful. I don't know
| how much this will affect the current bug tracking system (I don't know it
| that well), so maybe someone in the know can tell us if this is even
| reasonable?

I think such application will be useful.
I was downloading index files, which David speaks about, and later -
descriptions for the bug. It was rather slow, but as I can open 20 instances
of Konqi easily, it's possible.
But, some automated process will be more usefull.

You should have possibility to checkmark some bugs, and then request download
for bug details.
May be, server-side search by keyword in bug description / message body (not
in header).

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)