List:       kde-user
Subject:    Fwd: Re: Where to submit feature requests?
From:       Richard Bos <allabos () freeler ! nl>
Date:       2001-06-07 12:54:17

From the kde-user list.  Is the bug database downloadable so people with a
slow connection can work it oflline.  It should be possible to download per
package/application otherwise the file be immens.

Subject: Re: Where to submit feature requests?
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 18:00:30 +0800
From: Harmen Schaap <harmen.schaap@12move.nl>
To: KDE User List <kde-user@lists.netcentral.net>

On Wednesday 06 June 2001 19:22, Vadim Plessky wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 June 2001 06:23, Richard Bos wrote:
> |   On Wednesday 6 June 2001 00:37, Harmen Schaap wrote:
> |   > > It's better to use the the bug wizard located at
> |   > > http://bugs.kde.org, this wizard will collect usefull information
> |   > > from you, that otherwise needs to be collected by the developer
> |   > > working your problem afterwards!
> |   >
> |   > And be sure to check if this whish / bug isn't already in the
> |   > database !!!
> |
> |   Hi Harmen, that's a good point as well.  This is however covered by the
> | bug wizard as well.  Plenty of reasons to use the bug wizard if you have
> | the possibilty to do so.
>
> Let me support this as well. :))
>
> BTW: there are not enough people working on closing and re-testing bugs.
> So, help for this will be appreciated.
>
> I was doing it for 2.1 release. Well, it's not easy - but needs to be done.
> Otherwise, developers just don't know where to look and what bug to fix
> first.

Well Just like you, I have a dailup line here in Malaysia (and yes hopelessly
max 44000), so going through the whole bug-database online is to much for me.
If the database is also downloadable, I'll be happy to look at bug-reports.

--
Richard Bos
For those who have no (/)home the journey is endless