List:       kde-user
Subject:    Konqueror does not work in KDE 2.2 Alpha 2
From:       Jonathan Drews <j.e.drews () worldnet ! att ! net>
Date:       2001-05-31 23:58:10

Hi:

 I just installed KDE 2.2 Alpha 2. I am running it on SuSE 7.1 with Qt2.3. I
cannot get Konqueror to open nor can I get my desktop folder (~/user) to
open.  All the other apps seem to work ok.  I used the rpms from
/ftp.kde.org. No warnings were issued when I installed; the rpm install went
fine. No errors are generated when I run konqueror from the xterm. The
application just hangs. I removed my .kde2 by renaming it as .kde2.save, so
on boot up a new one would be created. Any suggestions as to how to get
Konqueror and my folders working again would be appreciated.

				cheers,

				Jonathan