List:       kde-user
Subject:    ksplash hangs system
From:       glen lepeska <gdlepeska () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-05-31 13:51:15

I noticed every time KDE starts after logging as
either root or a regular user, I get a dialog box
saying that kcminit has crashed, I click on OK and
then the splash screen comes up and goes through the
process (initializing system, loading panel etc..) and
then freezes up.  Any one have a clue, I am somewhat a
newbie to Linux (Red Hat 7.1)  funny thing is I also
have RH 6.2 and I never had problems with it so I
re-installed it but I'd prefer 7.1.

Thanx

Glen