List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: A problem with KDE 2.1.2 that persists to exist ...
From:       Nassos Koyrendas <Nassos.Koyrendas () eurodyn ! com>
Date:       2001-05-31 12:38:42

Did that (switching to CDE, Apply and then back to KDE and Apply)
already Roland, but unfortunately it didn't work !

Any other ideas would definetely be highly appreciated,

Thanks anyway,

Nassos

Roland Riegel wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 31. Mai 2001 14:17 schrieb Roland Riegel:
> > Am Donnerstag, 31. Mai 2001 12:03 schrieb Nassos Koyrendas:
> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > I am currently running Linux 2.4.0-4GB with KDE 2.1.2 installed. (Used
> > > to have KDE 2.0.1 from the SuSE 7.1 package and upgraded to KDE 2.1.2
> > > following the most up-to-date rpm from SuSE's web site).
> > >
> > > Problem
> > > --------
> > > After the upgrade, when I press the Alt+Tab key combination to cycle
> > > through the existing Desktop windows, although the action itself is
> > > properly performed, I no longer get the nice widget that displayed the
> > > icons of all windows to walk through as I used to. (Although I have
> > > double-checked the KControl->Window Behaviour->Focus->Keyboard Alt-Tab
> > > mode and is shown to be set to KDE !!!!!!)
> > >

> > > I would really appreciate any sort of help on the above-mentioned
> > > matter,
> > >
> > > I would also like to thank you in advance for your concern,
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > >

> > > Nassos Koyrendas
> >
> > Go to KControl --> Look & Feel --> Window Properties --> Keyboard and
> > switch the Alt-Tab Mode to CDE. Here you are.
> >
> > You're now able to switch between the windows on the current desktop by
> > typing Alt-Tab. Use Strg-Tab for rolling through the desktops.
> >
> > Hope this is what you are searching for,
> > Roland
>
> ooops, sorry, i didn't read your entire message...
> but simply try switching to CDE, click Apply, KDE, and Apply again
> might be there's something messed up... can't really help you here...
>
> sorry again,
> Roland
>
> --
> Send posts to:  kde-user@lists.netcentral.net
>  Send all commands to:  kde-user-request@lists.netcentral.net

Mr. Nassos Koyrendas,
Software Engineer,
European Dynamics S.A.

Member of the following development Group(s):
 - Eurostat-II 3rd gen. Site : @ http://europa.eu.int/comm/eurostat
 - CIRCA v2.5                : @ http://tweety.eurodyn.com:8100/v2_2
 - CIRCLE                    : @ http://tweety.eurodyn.com:8100/v2_2

European Dynamics S.A. related Sites: