List:       kde-user
Subject:    dcopserver not working reliable with HP 700/RX terminal
From:       Torsten Landschoff <t.landschoff () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-05-30 16:04:27

Hi *,

We are having a problem with running KDE2.1.1 on a HP 700/RX
X terminal. Sometimes logging in fails with the following
error:

> There was some error setting up inter-process communications for
> KDE. The message returned by the system was:
> Could not read network connection list.
> Please check that the "dcopserver" program is running!

This is currently reproducible but it used to work a few days ago.
Also running KDE on the local X display does work like a charm.
I am not an expert about X11 IPC but I would really like to get this
fixed.

Thanks

	Torsten