List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: wierdness with KDE2.1.1
From:       John Aldrich <john () chattanooga ! net>
Date:       2001-05-30 11:44:42

On Wednesday 30 May 2001 07:33 am, Florin Cremenescu wrote:

> 	I have a similar problem with a Pentium 733, ATI 128 rage, 192 EDO
> RAM. X is 4.0.3, and KDE2.1.1
> 	The /var/log/Xfree86.log tells me :
>
> 		FIFO timed out, resetting engine...
>
> 		Unregistered function call
> 		This should not happen !
>
> 	It is extremely annoying. I hope that the well-known Linux stability is
> not lost forever with the apparition of performant graphical
> interfaces.....

Well, I just double-checked my log file and it doesn't say anything like
that... IIRC when I looked at it yesterday (the last time it happened) it
said something like "X caught signal 10, exiting." IIRC, that's a "normal"
close of X.... But *I* didn't tell X to shut down and I'm the only user on
this system. :-)
	John