List:       kde-user
Subject:    Japanese
From:       "Rainer Mager" <rmager () vgkk ! com>
Date:       2001-05-30 4:23:51

Hi all,

	I was wondering if there are any resources that discuss setting up KDE to
support Japanese.

	Specifically, when I tried to do this by changing my locale from the
settings, the text changed but my font didn't appear to support Japanese so
everything was mangled. So, also, does anyone know where I can find good
Japanese fonts? I do have certain well-known Japanese true type fonts
installed but they didn't work either.

	Also, does KDE itself support a Japanese IME or must this happen some
other way? If so, how?

Thanks,

--Rainer