List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: KDEscreensaver fails!
From:       Jan Simonson <jan () simonson ! pp ! se>
Date:       2001-05-29 10:11:08

måndagen den 28 maj 2001 18:33 skrev Benjamin Sher:

> Looks like I was wrong. KDE's screensaver does work but only when
> set to 3 or so minutes. I UNinstalled xscreensaver (rpm -e
> xscreensaver) and configured KDE's screensaver (Control Panel, Look
> & Feel). I set it for 3 minutes to test it. The screensaver came up
> perfectly after three minutes. I then set it for 15 minutes. Well,
> I came back after dinner and discovered a blank, dark screen
> instead of the expected KDE screensaver.
>
> What's wrong, please, and how can I correct this?

Check your DMPS settings in controlcenter. Probably your screensaver
cuts in after 3 minutes and then the screen is blanked after X min by
the energysaver.
BTW, I use it like that. I have set my screensaver to 5 min and the
energysaver to 10 min. I have a LCD-monitor and in this way I save on
it´s backlighting without going directly to the blanked state when
I'm in deep thoughts in front of the keyboard!

/Jan