List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Low Colors / Red Hat 7.1 / KDE 2.1
From:       Kyle_S_Hoyt () raytheon ! com
Date:       2001-05-24 14:13:00

Thanks again for the response,  I haven't had a alot of time to experiment.
Things
I have noticed, HiColor mode uses about 214 colors.  LoColor mode uses
about 144
colors.  With KDE 1 this was about 70 colors.  The app I'm trying to run is
trying to
allocate 141 colors.  If I remove the icons from the task bar and from the
desktop
(although CD and floppy keeps coming back), I can get the colors used down
127.  Of course if I click on the K Menu it immediately eats up some more
colors.

So I guessed it still might be using some of the "hicolor" icons.  So I
removed this
directory just to make sure and all icons disappeared.  Why did this
happen?
Shouldn't it be looking in the locolor directory since I'm in locolor mode?
Of course in this mode, only 40 colors were allocated, so my application
was
very happy.

I tried to link hicolor to locolor but then I was back to 127 colors being
used up.
I have disabled the splash screen.  I haven't tried 2 since I'm not really
running
any KDE apps except for the terminal and then I guess the applets on the
task
bar.

I have not tried other window managers yet.

Kyle

"akar 'th 'orrible" <trader2001@bigpond.com.au> on 05/15/2001 06:50:39 PM

Please respond to kde-user@lists.netcentral.net