List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Memory Leaks ?
From:       Markus Feilner <mfeilner () f-linux ! com>
Date:       2001-05-23 12:17:54

hi curtis,
i'm using kde 2.1.1, only.
right now i have opera 5.07, soffice 5.2, kmail, xmms, kab, kmail, a shell
with top and a root shell running.
my X is running since a few days and the amount of memory it uses stays
constantly between 54 and 57 MB Ram.
but: i noticed: under extensive use of windows (i do a lot of webprogramming,
running the gimp, quanta, netscape, mozilla, opera, kfilereplace and several
konqueror windows simultaneously on different desktops) my X memory usage
grows up to 150 MB an more.
next time i have one of the frequent X server crashes I'll try to watch the
memory consumption...
i hope this mail can be useful, sometimes i'm bored by a endlessly swapping
machine, and after a x restart everything is fine again.

thanks, see you on monday, i'm off for a trip to tuscany
feili

--
                       may you always grok in fulness